Why WeddingBox Lake Como…
WeddingBox Lake Como offers full wedding planning and coordination services to English speaking couples around the world on Italy’s stylish and beautiful Lake Como.
Destination wedding specialist Sally Sephora founded the company shortly after moving to Italy with her family in 2007. With a team of bilingual wedding planners, great relationships with local vendors and a fresh and different approach, the branch exceeded all expectations and quickly went on to become the leading wedding planner in this area.
WeddingBox has won the Wedding Industry Experts Awards 3 Years Running in 2014, 2015 and 2016, winning ‘Most popular wedding planner on Lake Como’, ‘Most popular wedding planner in Italy’ and was named ‘3rd Most popular destination wedding planner world-wide’. An achievement we are incredibly proud of!
So what makes WeddingBox special?
- We have a fantastic proven track record, many years of experience and outstanding reviews from many, many happily married couples! Just take a look at our Testimonialsand Gallery You can find many more reviews of our work on Trip Advisor, Wedding Wire, Wedding Mapper, Facebook and more.
- We aim to treat every couple as we would wish to be treated ourselves. This is why we insist on working with a friendly, honest, no-nonsense approach offering our full venue price guide and as much information as possible from the start, so you can make informed choices with our full support and all the facts to hand.
- We have absolutely no hidden charges or nasty surprises for you! We don’t work on a percentage of costs or have a complicated pricing structure. We will quote you our fee on enquiring so you know exactly where you stand right from the start.
- We are a team of 8 English speakers and we all speak Italian. We understand the intricacies and traditions of both Italian and UK/US weddings and are happy to be your English speaking support system when you need it most.
- We are based in Varenna right on Lake Como, ensuring that we can’t be beaten for local knowledge and we are always available should you want to come over, see the venues, try the menus and so we can spend time with you both around your wedding day.
“We strive to be different and to make sure our couples are not only satisfied, but absolutely raving about our amazing wedding planning service after their wedding! We understand that by fulfilling your dream of a stress free, picture perfect Italian wedding, we in turn will achieve our own dream. I absolutely love my job, and to do it in one of the most spectacular destinations in the world is incredible!”-
~Sally Sephora, company founder.
Meet the Team
Our Full Wedding Planning Service…
Here is a detailed list of what is included in our full wedding planning service, so that you can achieve your dream Italian wedding :-
- Assistance selecting, checking availability and booking your chosen wedding venue(s)
- A detailed list of hotels in the area you have chosen to base your guests (optional)
- Assistance booking suppliers and vendors for your wedding date (see below for breakdown)
- Full co-ordination of your wedding from 1st enquiry to the day itself
- Unlimited communication by email and Skype throughout the planning process
- Our presence on the day to oversee set up right through to the end of the day
- A face to face meeting once you land in Italy
- Full assistance with your paperwork and documents required for civil and church weddings
Individual services you may wish to include in your day:-
Decorations, aisle runners, romantic lantern packages…. Everything you need to transform and personalise your wedding ceremony and reception venues.
From bouquets, buttonholes and flower girl’s wands to stunning floral arches, centre pieces and beautiful high displays. Our florists have years of experience and a great eye for detail.
We will share our list of incredibly talented photographers with you. You are welcome to browse their websites and choose one with the perfect style of work for you.
A special memory that will allow you to relive your wedding day for years to come.
Classical, jazz, singers… A host of live music options for you to choose between.
Bands and DJs for the evening
We work with superb bands and DJs who cover a great variety of music styles making sure the party ends with a bang!
Boats and other transport
We will carefully organise transportation for your guests to, from and between venues. You may also like to incude a boat ride just for fun or a speedboat for the bride and groom’s photos. Whatever you would like, just let us know!
Hair and Make Up
Our professional mobile stylists will have you, your bridesmaids and the mums looking stunning! We may also be able to arrange a trial depending on your time available here in Italy.
Childrens’ entertainers and baby-sitting services
As with all our services, we only use suppliers whom we know personally and trust 100% to take care of and entertain any babies and children at your wedding. Depending on the venue, we may be able to organise a room nearby the dining/dance room for babies to take a nap and play away from the noise of the party with an experienced baby-sitter caring for them and allowing the mums to pop in when they choose.
We can also supply Vespa’s and traditional Italian cars for photos, projector screens, ice cream carts, fireworks, wish lanterns…. If you can’t see what you are looking for here, just ask. Availability and permission for some items depend on the venues. If it’s possible, we will help organise whatever you would like. If it’s not possible, we’ll let you know and suggest alternative ideas.
Rehearsal / welcome lunches and dinners
We will be happy to assist with any additional events you would like to organise around your wedding date. We charge an additional fee for this service and generally do not attend these events.
WeddingBox Lake Como News…
We’re excited to announce we won the Outstanding Service Award and the Creative Talent Award at the WedBiz Awards 2017!
We’re excited to announce that in June 2016, we won the Wedding Industry Experts Awards for the third year running!
Most Popular Destination Wedding Planner on Lake Como – 1st place
Most Popular Destination Wedding Planner in Italy – 1st place
Most Popular Destination Wedding Planner Worldwide – 3rd place
Read company founder Sally Sephora’s interview by Wedding Lovely documenting how she started the business, tips for new and aspiring wedding planners and her undeniable passion for the wedding industry.
WeddingBox won not only ‘Most Popular Destination Wedding Planner’ for both Lake Como and Italy categories, but were also voted ‘8th Most Popular Destination Wedding Planner’ in the world-wide category. A huge achievement!
August / September 2013
WeddingBox Lake Como appeared in the Uk’s number one bridal magazine ‘Brides’ in the August/September edition.
Three of our weddings feature on their ‘Best Destination Weddings around the world’ CD Rom collection.
WeddingBox Lake Como was featured in the hugely popular Martha Stewart Living Magazine October 2012 issue, showcasing Chelsea & Jonathan’s romantic lake side wedding.